Sunday, September 18, 2016

Not such a pity

*Disclaimer A*

I just openly shared in more detail about my debilitating and privately wrenching struggle with POTS/dysautonomia, on my health advocacy page and on my wall. I don't regret it. I would apologize and say "sorry if I scared you", but nah. Be lucky you don't have to live with it, 'cause truly if you don't, I am genuinely happy for you. Lol. 

So people who see it will either take interest in order to understand, or avoid it and not, either because it's too much for them just 'cause, or because they're too stressed with their own stressors to handle empathizing at this time... and that may be perfectly understandable. 

I am not interested in pity. I'm interested in #awareness and I'm #zebrastrong - I'm fighting to be here tomorrow, and tomorrow, and tomorrow...

Sure underneath that armour is a scared little girl with a teddy bear, scared of the dark room she's faced with, placed in, stuck in, trying to get out of, defying the odds even within it - but she's not a daft one and knows how to build armour and read the book of Amun-ra, all she can do is try, so moving on now. (It's ok, I don't have DID... I just like to speak in the third person about my "inner child", hehe.) So much to do. It's friday. My friday nite party is work, and I'm going to have a party with it. Yay. 

May the "forks" be with me.

Rosie G

www.girloutside.org 

No comments:

Post a Comment